Small Hole EDM Advantages
Small hole EDM is in many ways similar to a drilling operation but offers the advantages of EDM machining.
- Very low machining forces that make it ideal for drilling delicate parts
- Workpiece hardness has no detrimental impact on performance
- Angle of entry is unimportant because there is no contact between the tool and workpiece
- Burr-free finished holes
- Part heights up to 14”are possible, depending on part configuration
- Maximum XY travel: X-22″ & Y-14″
- Other sizes may be available with lead time and/or large quantity orders.
Common EDM Hole Drilling Applications
- Coolant holes in hardened machine tool bits for taps, end mills, and drills
- Addition of wire EDM start holes after heat treating
- Removal of broken drill bits and taps
- Placement of holes too small/difficult for conventional drilling
- Burr free holes
- Wire safety holes
EDM Small Hole Drilling in Carbide
Xact Wire EDM has an ideal machine that uses an oil based coolant to provide better edge control, surface finish and matching speed. It compliments our numerous other high-speed small hole EDM machines that specialize in all other conductive materials.
- Reverse Engineering
- Laser Marking
- Wire EDM
- 1 Part to 100,000+ Parts
Quality Control Certifications
Quality Control Process